Are you tired of waiting for the coffee to brew? If you are like me, I want my coffee NOW! I do not like waiting 10 minutes for it to be ready so I started looking for a coffeemaker that was faster.
I should have known that Bunn would have one that makes coffee in just three minutes. Only 3 minutes! The Bunn CRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer was our choice for the best Bunn coffee maker.
Bunn is one of the oldest coffeemaker names in the coffee industry. Jacob Bunn started out 160 years ago running a grocery store business that developed into a global beverage equipment company producing many products with the coffeemaker becoming the most famous due to Bunn’s high quality.
In 1957 Bunn invented the paper coffee filter and in 2006 entered the domestic market supplying famous chains such as McDonalds and KFC.
The Bunn Velocity models came in second in the Freshpresso’s Best Bunn Coffee Makers – Top Picks and Reviews for 2017 after the number one spot was given to a commercial model.
The Velocity models BXB and BT that were reviewed are very similar to the GRB but may be more modern looking. This along with being the fastest brewing was enough to make me want one. But there are other features of this coffeemaker that make it a great choice for the best Bunn coffee maker.
You can pour from four to ten cups (20 to 50 ounces) of water into the brewer, close the lid, and thanks to the Bunn Speed Brew Technology, three minutes later you will have a great cup of coffee.
What is a big change is that when you pour that cup of coffee, it will not spill out on your counter instead going directly into the cup due to Bunn’s innovative spout on the carafe that directs the coffee into the cup only returning any drips to the carafe.
The Bunn GRB Velocity Coffee Brewer has a different way of making the coffee to be the best tasting. It means you will not be making coffee like you may normally be used to doing.
Bunn GRB Velocity Coffee Brewer
Why is it the best?
You go through an initial set-up process then add ground coffee to the filter basket and pour fresh water into the reservoir. It will automatically starts to heat up the water.
Then you make the coffee by simply sliding the brew funnel into the brewer and turning on the warmer. Click here for a video that shows how it works.
The water is held in the stainless steel tank that is always turned on with water heated to the optimal brewing temperature of 200 degrees. That is why it can brew ten cups of coffee so fast.
As long as you keep the water tank filled, it will be ready to make coffee on demand. You just need to pour water into the reservoir that will displace the water that is hot as it goes to brew your coffee.
If you don’t want it to be on all the time, you simply turn off the machine but this is a nice feature you have of the choice to have on and ready all the time.
Another outstanding feature of the Bunn GRB Velocity Coffee Brewer is the unique way that it drips the water onto the grounds. It has a spray head that showers the hot water over the grounds to ensure that the flavor extraction of the coffee grounds is more even than the traditional drip type. This makes the coffee better instead of bitter.
The filter basket is a large flat bottom and funnel that allows a greater interaction between the hot water and the coffee grounds giving a more favorable extraction. Once the coffee is brewed it will remain hot without burning it on the porcelain-coated warming plate.
Here are some of its fantastic features of the Bunn GRB Velocity Coffee Brewer:
- The quickest cup of coffee ready in three minutes
- Brews from 4 to 10 cups (20 to 50 ounces)
- Easy to use by sliding brew funnel into brewer and turning on warmer
- Name brand that has been around for a long time
- Stainless steel water tank keeps water at 200 degrees but can be turned off
- Special sprayer extraction that makes a more flavored coffee
- Flat large filter and funnel causes better interaction between hot water and grounds
- Drip-free carafe that arcs the pour of the coffee
- Porcelain-coated warming plate keeps coffee warm without burning it
- Price of around $100 is well worth the features
- Long warranty of three years
- 3-minute fast brewing so no more long waiting
- Bunn brand is known for quality products
- No more mess on the counter from dripping carafe
- More flavor to the coffee due to the spray head instead of drip
- Drip-free carafe is a marvelous feature
- Only comes in basic black
- Getting use to the differences
- Filters may not be easy to find
- May be too pricey for some
With all the coffeemakers that Bunn makes, it was a challenge to narrow down the best but I think the deal breaker for me was the 3-minute cup of coffee. The other innovative features add to this as well as the three-year warranty. We hope you find this best Bunn coffee maker review helpful in choosing a coffee maker for you.