Buying a commercial espresso machine can be a stressful task if you’re looking for a machine that will suit your business as a small to medium sized café or restaurant. To take the guesswork out of this big decision, we’ve put together a review of the best commercial espresso machine.
There were several high-end brands to choose from but the Bezzera Magica E61 was our first choice for several reasons. The first reason is the quality reputation that the name Bezzera carries with over 110 years in the espresso machine business. Luigi Bezzera patented the process of making espresso coffee and the machine was an exhibit at the Milan Italy International Fair of 1906. The passion for making coffee has lasted into the fourth generation of the Bezzera family.
The Bezzera Magica E61 combines the two worlds of modern time-saving features along with a classic design with the famous lever group head E61 built with professional technology that has been the standard on high-end espresso machines for 50 years that will brew up a delicious cappuccino in just a few seconds. There is a large cup warmer on top of the machine to keep cups warm and ready to serve.
This standard semi-automatic machine has a 4-liter water tank and vibration pump that activates the brewing process when the lever is pulled up and stops when the lever is pulled down. It is heated by a thermosiphonic system, which allows it to circulate liquid without needing a mechanical pump. Check out this video about the Magica:
The Magica has a 2-liter copper boiler with an internal 1350-watt heating exchanger controlled by a thermostat that maintains the temperature. This makes it possible to produce coffee, steam and hot water at the same time, which is blocked if there isn’t enough water in the boiler. The body of the Magica is made of stainless steel AISI 304 polished for a classic look.
The Magica has Joystick-Style Knobs that are ergonomically designed and have become the trend in the industry. You don’t have to turn on and off with taps but have an instant on and off Joystick-style wands that cannot become too tight. It also has two manometer gauges that indicate the boiler pressure and the extraction pressure, which is a handy tool to have for providing a window into the extraction.
Here are some of the Magica’s unique and useful features:
- Classic design with modern features made by famous brand
- High-end professional espresso machine for small to medium business
- Electrical heating element with automatic block if water runs low
- 4-liter water tank with automatic vibration pump and manual lever group
- Automatic 2-liter copper boiler with thermostat
- Two manometer gauges to measure boiler and extraction pressure
- Ergonomically designed joystick-style knobs
- Classic traditional and modern look is attractive
- Easy to use for the early espresso enthusiast to an experienced espresso aficionado
- Able to produce coffee, steam and hot water at the same time
- Instant turn off/on of joystick-style hot water and steam wands
- Automatic blocking system if there isn’t enough water in the boiler
- Built-in cup warmer for keeping cups ready to serve
- Price is on the lower end of espresso commercial machines
- Can only be used for smaller businesses
- 4-liter water tank may be too small
The Bezzera Magica E61 has the unique look of yesterday and today and would be so attractive in any smaller sized coffee café. It would be ideal for someone just starting up a business. Even though the price range of around $1,000 may seem high for the beginner, this machine will pay for itself with all the high quality beverages you can serve your customers. Before long, your café will be the talk of the town while using the best commercial espresso machine for a smaller business and you’ll soon have to expand and buy another Magica E61 machine.