Is the first thing you smell in the morning an aroma of coffee brewing? If you are an avid coffee drinker and do not smell coffee brewing when you wake up, you just may need a new coffee maker—one that starts brewing before your alarm goes off.
I don’t even need an alarm anymore because the smell of my brew wakes me up with great anticipation of that first cup. My husband teases me because when I get up I head straight for the kitchen for my java before anything else.
Programmable coffee makers have been around for years and you may have had one but having the flexible combination that the Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew Coffee Maker gives you is incomparable. You have several more choices in brewing coffee and we want to let you know all about them in this review.
One of the features I love about the Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew is that you can make a cup of coffee to go with you in a travel mug (not included). It takes just a few minutes to either pop in a pod with one of your favorite flavors or use your favorite ground coffee.
It is easy to switch from using a pod to using your favorite ground coffee by pulling out the holder, removing single-serve pack part and putting ground coffee basket in.
The single serving comes in very handy on those crazy days that you happen to push the snooze alarm too many times and then you realized you also forgot to program the coffee maker.
I know this from experience! I would jump up in a rush to get ready for work knowing I wouldn’t have time to stop anywhere for coffee so couldn’t leave without making a cup of coffee for my travel mug.
Even on days that I’m not rushing I take the travel mug filled with a special flavor that helps me get ready for the day.
The single-serving side of the coffee maker can make just enough coffee for either a 14-oz travel mug or a regular standard size cup by using the adjustable cup rest to place your coffee cup.
When you’re relaxing after a long day at work, you can make a quick standard size cup of your favorite brew to perk you up.
Or if you need more of a pick-me-up to do the work you brought home, fix a full 12-cup carafe or if that’s too much, just half a pot of your favorite ground coffee will help to keep you awake. The carafe is the perfect size for a good size family or for entertaining your favorite guests.
Another feature I like about the Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew is the compact size of the unit. It does not take up a lot of room on my countertop. Plus, the silver and black looks great and I get lots of compliments on its professional look and the design of the carafe.
For a more detailed look at the Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew coffee maker and to see what comes with it, click here to check out this video. If you’re craving a Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee or other delicious Latte, there are recipes on the Hamilton Beach website.
The Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew model number is 49983 and we don’t want you to think it is the same as the 49980A which is an earlier but similar version.
Features of the Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew
Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew has more flexible options than other coffee makers. Here are some of its fantastic features:
- Single-serve cup used for a standard size cup or a 14-oz travel mug
- Single side is compatible with most pod brands of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
- Single side can be used with ground coffee or pods
- Single-side removable cup rest can be used for storage
- Single-side has a mesh basket and not filter is needed
- Each side has its own heater
- 12-cup side has the option of regular or bold brew
- To select single-serve or a 12-cup pot simply turn dial left or right Easy to disassemble to clean
- Both sides have easy to fill water reservoirs with window to see level
- A Quick Start Guide and manual comes with for step-by-step instructions
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- You can contact customer service on an 800 number for questions or problems
- Dimensions are 13.9 inches high X 10.63 inches wide X 10.24 inches deep
- Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew lives up to its name with several flexible brewing options and is the only one that you can use grounds or pods for the single-serve side
- Both sides give you great tasting coffee whether taking on the road or at home
- Auto shut-off and Pause N Serve are convenient features
- The digital display is easy to read and to operate
- The Quick Start Guide makes it easy to get that first cup you’ve been waiting for quickly
- The 12-cup side does not have a mesh basket so filters are needed
- Complaints that the single-serve side wasn’t hot enough or stopped working
- The warming plate on the carafe side may be hot even when using the single-serve side
The Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew is by far one of the most versatile and flexible coffee makers on the market. Whether you want a single cup of joe or 12 cups, you will not have to wait long for it to brew up one of the best cups of coffee you’ve ever tasted.
Having a mesh basket for the 12-cup side is not usually preferred to most customers but you can purchase one separately on the Hamilton Beach website under Parts & Accessories where you can also purchase a travel mug.
We want to stress that if you have any complaints to contact Hamilton Beach to either have it replaced or your money back.
The final verdict for the Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew is a thumbs up and it is recommended for anyone that loves coffee and wants to have several flexible brewing options available with this coffee maker.