Do you want to wake up to barista style coffee every morning? Alas, it is a distant dream for many stuck with hard to use coffee makers and going to a café means standing in line which might not be a great idea. So, a better option would be to bring a complete coffee maker system home. With so many choices in the market, customers often find themselves perplexed.
You don’t have to do any hard thinking or analyzing as we have done the homework for you. Today we will review the Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System and find out whether it suits your requirements.
The Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System comes from the family of SharkNinja, a house-care company that was founded in 1995 in Montreal, Canada. The company works passionately to develop innovative and creative products at a great price.
When we first looked at the coffee bar system, it came across as sturdy and reliable. However, when we dug further, we realized that it was just the outside illusion. The product is not free from flaws.
It is made from black plastic that is bedecked with curves, ridges and highlights in quite thin stainless steel material. No wonder this product has a mass appeal to it, but we felt it slightly lacks in durability.
If you are looking for a compact and travel friendly coffee maker then this is definitely not the product for you as it is huge in size. It takes up a lot of counter space.
On the left hand side, there is a huge filter basket that takes standard cone paper filters (No. 4). Just below the filter, you will find a large glass carafe which stands on a circular hot plate.
On the right hand side you can see a cylindrical water tank which is molded from clear plastic material. It is equipped with characteristic horizontal ridges and gouged handholds.
We appreciate how easy it is to get a grip on the removable reservoir. There’s a lid on the top which flips open with ease to reveal a wide mouth used for filling up the tank with coffee grinds.
Under the water reservoir, you can see the control panel which is simple to use. It has a nice digital clock along with various controls and options to operate the programmable brewing functions.
There are many dials and buttons on the panel to enable you to brew different styles and flavors of coffee. You will also find the option to set the size of the brew.
We love the coffee bar’s different modes and its ability to brew multiple styles of coffee. You may choose your preferred mode depending on your personal style and taste.
The ‘classic brew’ for example gives you a standard smooth and balanced flavor. The ‘rich brew’ is for those who want a barista style coffee with rich flavors right at home.
Features of the Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System with Built-In Frother
- Measures 12.2 x 11 x 16.3 inches
- Weighs 12 pounds
- Pod-free single serve
- Ninja XL hot and cold tumbler
- Built-in frother to brew
- Custom brews – classic, rich, or over ice
- Advanced thermal flavor extraction technology
- Different brew sizes – XL cup, travel mug and XL multi-serve
- Auto-IQ one-touch Intelligence
- It comes with a manual with detailed instructions on how to use and clean the coffee maker
- Highly flexible coffee maker has the ability to control how much water it uses
- It is also highly versatile as you can make different flavors and types of coffee
- Makes great coffee within minutes every single time
- Milk can be frothed into silky micro-foam to give you special latte brews
- There are four different brew sizes to choose from
- It makes you refreshingly fresh cold coffee without being watered down
- Auto-IQ one-touch Intelligence makes life simpler and helps you make coffee quicker
- Comes with a 40 page recipe book and well-designed Ninja tumbler
- The quality is sub-standard with plastic parts feeling cheap
- Coffee will not be hot enough if you don’t heat milk beforehand
- Fragile parts may break if you are a rough handler
- It is not portable so you can’t take it with you
- The coffee maker is too big for a small kitchen counter
We compared the Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System with the Keurig K545 Plus Coffee Maker and we feel both these products offer a high level of flexibility and versatility. While the Keurig K545 is made of plastic, the Ninja Coffee Bar has a mix of stainless steel and plastic.
The exterior facade of the product in review feels a little cheap in quality, but we cannot ignore the huge difference between the price. It wouldn’t be wrong to call this Ninja system a cheaper Keurig-alternative.
If you want to enjoy café style coffee without paying the high price, the Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System can be the perfect solution for you. It is considerably cheaper than competitor products that come with similar features.
This coffee maker allows you to enjoy different brews in various styles and modes. We are all praises for the amazing price to performance ratio offered by this item.
However, on the downside it’s too big to fit in a small kitchen counter. It is not easily portable so you cannot hope to take it with you camping.
The plastic material feels thin and cheap so we cannot guarantee its durability. Nevertheless, the product comes with a one year manufacturer warranty so you can get a replacement if the parts become damaged. It also comes with a 40-page menu book which makes it a really good deal.